God calls you to
make definitive choices,
and He has a plan
for each of you:
To discover that plan
and to respond to your vocation
is to move
toward personal fulfillment'
Pope Francis: (World Youth Day Rio 2013)
Year 11 and Year 12 students
and Young Adults
Loving Today is the third module in a series on Human Sexuality and Relationship with a Catholic Ethos, designed for upper secondary school students; years 11 and 12.
'Loving Today' examines contempory attitudes concerning relationships, and challenges young adults to consider a future of exclusive committed relationship in marriage: creating family with ongoing benefits for society.
Loving Today objectives:
- To contemplate what a mature sexuality means
- To recognise that chastity applies in all human relationships
- To recognize that building solid foundations benefits and supports one's future
- To define real love in Marriage (Eros, Agape and Commitment)
- To see God in our life journey
Loving Today working format:
- Students work in small groups
- Each student group works in a separate classroom.
Loving Today Program sessions include:
- The dimensions and expressions of Love
- Life journey of the individual and of the couple
- Creating a Family: Fertility and Fertility Replacement Therapies
- Family models today
- Media messages
- Important Qualities in relationships
- Cohabit or Wait? - Decisions, choices and outcomes
- Nature of Love
- Marriage and Conjugal Intercourse
- God's Love
- Looking towards tomorrow.
'The union of man and woman in marriage is a unique, natural, fundamental good
for persons, families, communities and whole societies.'