Year 6, 7, 8 students
“Parents are the first and most important educators of their own children, and they also possess a fundamental competence in this area: they are educators because they are parents”
St John Paul II (Letter to Families)
Towards Loving is the first in a series on Human Sexuality programs with a Catholic Ethos designed for upper primary or junior secondary school students; years 6, 7 or 8.
Towards Loving (A) is facilitated to allow each parent and child to work together. This working environment encourages interaction, sharing and respect between the parent and child.
Toward Loving (B) is presented by a Loving for Life facilitator to the whole class. It allows interaction amongst the students, and between the students and facilitator.
Towards Loving helps a young person to recognize:
- The beauty of God's plan for them
- That life is a call to love
- That each life stage builds on the previous one
- That their first experience of love is within their own family
- That true relationships are based on friendship.
Towards Loving Program sessions include:
- Overview: student's life journey
- Family and its importance
- 'Life Begins' Foetal Development
- Building and affirming family relationships
- Adolescence and the gift of fertility (Puberty)
- Media and its influences
- Expressing love
"Parents hold their children's hands a while, and their hearts forever."